Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday

FOOD DIARY:

I am doing okay on my food diary. I'm keeping track but I'm not exactly eating well. I've had about 1200 calories today. That doesn't sound like much but it's only 6:00 and I'm bad about night-time snacking. I'm going to go downstairs and do laundry tonight. I'll try to get in a bike ride.

It's hard to calculate calories for homemade stuff. I'm not sure how I'll do that on nights when I cook. Maybe I'll just stick to the cookbooks that already have calculations :)


MOTHER-DAUGHTER MOMENT:

I just got Abbie into the shower. Standing there in her bathrobe looking at herself in the mirror she asks, "Mom, do you think I'm beautiful?" I cringe and ask my 6 1/2 year old, "What do you mean?"
Abbie: "I think my eyebrows look funny."
Me: "Well I think your eyebrows are beautiful"
Me: "So who talks about that kind of stuff?"
Abbie: "Me and the girls chat." (with head bobbing in the "DUH" fashion)
Abbie: "Mom Dakota accidently hit Megan in the neck with the jump rope and she got a rope burn."

And then it was over...

No comments: