Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My Mommy Mantras

I found these 8 Mantras for Mom in a newsletter from the Sara Lee Center for Women's Health at Forsyth Medical Center. After I read through them I finally realized it was okay to cut myself a little slack. If you're reading this, I hope you'll feel the same way.

1- I will embrace the fact that I'm not perfect. Children don't need you to be perfect; all they really need are reasonable limits, lots of love and a happy mom.

2- I will get down on the floor and play with my child(ren).

3- I will take care of my body.

4- I will learn to love the chaos. Family life is full of sniffy noses, public mortification, surprises, and laundry. But it's also got moments of great beauty, tenderness, sticky kisses and a miracle or two.

5- I will make the family dinner a priority.

6- I will focus a little more on my marriage.

7- I will make time for my friends.

8- I will remind myself daily that time with my children is precious.


They may not be easy to do (especially #3) but if I don't remind myself of them from time to time I find myself becoming resentful of what my family doesn't do around here instead of being grateful for what they have done.

No comments: