Friday, March 9, 2007

If I had just waited 5 minutes...

Abbie went home from school with Audrey today. Cooper was missing her so we went outside to play on the "playground" as he calls it. He played for a while and then said his tummy was hurting. He decided to sit down and take a rest. He sat down in his kid-sized adirondack chair and actually dozed off. It was so sweet. Ahh, got you fooled.

So I shoved the phone and the mail in my pockets and carried him inside to his bed. Got his shoes off and his covers up. I still had my sunglasses on but I could tell that he looked pale. I lifted the glasses up and bent down real close so I could check him out-they're prescription glasses, I'm blind without them! AND then he gagged. I jumped back so fast but still managed to grab his blanket and "catch" most everything. He started to panic and try to turn away and get out of bed. He was crying out "I throwed up! I throwed up"! Mommy realizes that, baby. I just wasn't sure how to hold the blanket with one hand (with out spilling anything) and keep him still with the other. All I could think was, why couldn't I have stayed outside for 5 more minutes?

We got him cleaned up and back to bed. But this time he took the big rope-handled bucket with him.

No comments: