Saturday, March 24, 2007

My First Concert

Last night Abbie went with her Brownie troop to spend the night at SciWorks. I went to pick her up at Lowe's Foods (a Tickets.com outlet, which will be relevent, keep reading...) at 10:00 this morning.

Yesterday I spent at least 3 hours on the internet looking for Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert tickets. I worked myself into a near panic attack. I have never-no never-been to a concert before. I don't know anything about buying concert tickets. After ultimately wasting 3 hours I decided that there was just no way on Earth I could justify spending nearly $400 on 2 tickets. I was thinking of all we could do with $400: the new curtains I want, new clothes for Tim (he's lost 25 lbs.), some cute summer shoes-and I'd probably still have some $ left!!!! I don't understand how people afford to go to concerts.

Well when I picked up Abbie this morning I thought I'd just go inside the grocery store and check things out. The tickets went on sale at 10:00 and I was there any way so what the heck!

I was the only person "in line". I was expecting a crazy mob scene or something. The store manager was helping me and she was awesome. It was fun too. She'd say "I've got these seats" and I'd say "I'll take them" and before she could accept them they'd be gone. We did that 3 times before I got the tickets. Only $199. That's still a lot. But it is for our anniversary and we don't get that much quality time together so I'm cool with paying half of what internet tickets were going for. I thought scalping was illegal. Well at least in NC it is.

So I'm going to my first concert EVER. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I am so excited!!

No comments: