Monday, August 6, 2007

August is speeding by already

August 6th wow. This is going to be a busy month...

Tim has already started a prep class before the official first day of MBA school starts on the 13th. Orientaion week. A full week of "class" just to get you ready for the real thing. The week culminates on Friday the 17th with several student/spouse events, one of which is a seminar to prepare you for what your spouse is getting into. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...duh...and it makes me a little nervous. The next 18 months will be interesting. Maybe I'll get the chance to meet some other wives and we can make the best of it together.

I joined a gym last week. Tim has dropped 35 pounds in the last few months and I have been wanting to jump on his bandwagon, ha-ha, but just haven't felt like I was ready to make a committment to an excerice program. I finally felt a change come over me (no not the change) and now I am ready to be healthier. I know a lot about what I should be doing to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I am trying to get more fruits and veggies and "superfoods" into our meals. But I find it far too difficult to exclude goodies from the menu. I like to eat. I like food. I like cheese and chocolate and ice cream. It's a good thing that I also do actually like to excercise. I just find it too hard to do it in the comfort of my own home. I have to get out of the house and go somewhere (air-conditioned) away from the dirty bathroom and the pile of laundry that continue to haunt me. I was going to wait until the kids were back in school but I was ready now!
Cooper will turn 4 on the 20th. My big boy. He's so sweet and laid back. I look at his big blue eyes and those long eyelashes and he just melts my heart. This picture is from 2 years ago but it is still one of my favorites of him.

Tim and I will celebrate our 14th anniversary on the 24th. I'm proud of that. Not just proud of the number but proud of us and our journey. We were so young (20), so broke, and so naively determined. We had our goals and we just set about achieving them-together-oblivious to the fact that many people fail somewhere along the way. Of course there have been some disappointments but I, ever the optimist, believe that things happen the way God intends for them to happen. It's up to us to learn from the situations He puts us in and take each lesson learned with us to the next thing on the list.

Abbie's school starts on the 27th and Open House is the 22nd. We should get the letter telling us who her teacher is the week before that. Abbie is hoping for this one teacher that she really likes. I haven't made a big deal about it to her. I think there are only 5 2nd grade teachers and I hear they are all very good so my opinion has always been that whatever teacher we get is the one God meant for us to have. I'm learning more as a parent each year too. I know from the last 2 years what I didn't like about those teachers, so I think I'll be a bit more outspoken this year.

So that about does it for the month of August. If I don't make it back to my blog in the near future at least you'll know what I've been up to!

No comments: