Monday, August 27, 2007

Abbie's first day of 2nd grade

I missed my favorite Staples commercial this year...It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Abbie was nervous about school today. She has 2 boys in her class from last year and that's it. None of the girls. She knows a couple of girls through friends and one girl joined Abbie's brownie troop at the end of school last year so they really didn't get to know each other then.
We had a teacher change 2 days before open house. I'm actually quite excited about Abbie's teacher this year. She's from here and Tim and I went to school with her and her husband. She just finished her master's degree and seems well organized and communicative. My main complaint from the last 2 years is that I felt like I didn't know what was going on. I'm not a "No news is good news" kind of mom. I don't want to find out about possible issues by reading Abbie's report card.
Today they brought home kid version day planners-SO COOL! I love it! On the company Website it says this version is for Kgarten. But I think 7 is a better age. I don't think Abbie would have been ready to learn the concept of a day planner 2 years ago.

No comments: