Saturday, December 29, 2007

Together Again...

My Grandpa is home with his Heavenly Father and his beloved Betty. My Grandma passed away about 3 months ago. She never regained consciousness following a terrible car accident. My Grandpa never recovered either. If ever one could die from a broken heart, it was him.



Friday January 4th would have been their 67th wedding anniversary. Other than the war, no one can remember a day they'd ever spent apart. My mom, aunt, and Grandpa gave me my Grandma's wedding set for Christmas. I've been wearing it ever since. I'm nervous about wearing it but I can't NOT wear it. I will cherish it always.

I'm sad that he's gone but I am glad that he is home and no longer in any pain. Give your loved ones an extra hug tonight. Bye Grandma and Grandpa, I love you guys. I'm comforted knowing you'll never have to spend another day apart again.

I found this picture tucked inside their wedding invitation...this is how I will remember them.

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa! I'm sure you're Grandma' ring mean so much to you...what a sweet momento to have to remember her by.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful words and for expressing the feeling for our entire family. We will all miss Grandma and Grandpa, but know they were both ready to go to their heavenly reward. Now they are eternally one.

Aunt Cathy

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The wedding set is beautiful & so very special.

Take care.