Monday, December 10, 2007

Let the festivities begin...

First I just want to say...Whatup with my "triple trouble" picture?? I didn't change anything. I thought maybe it was one of those strange Blogger things that goes away as magically as it appeared. Any advice??? Maybe I'll just try to change the picture, who knows.

So begins the Christmas celebrations. We had 2 grown-up Christmas parties this past Friday and Saturday. We took turns. My turn was Friday, Tim's was Saturday. We are not big drinkers. Tim enjoys his wine now and then, but I save all mine up for one big blowout every year. I think I do pretty well handling my liquor for not "practicing" throughout the year, but then again, I did do my training at ECU. This year included Vodka & Blood Orange soda, Hypnotiq, Jagermeister&Root Beer, Goldschlager...I think that's all :) I remember crawling up the stairs, down the hall, and in to my bedroom and just laying on the floor. But I had fun at my once a year blow out, that's what matters! On Saturday night we went to our neighbor's house. Tim enjoyed his wine and hanging out with the guys. I'm glad he let loose and relaxed (only 2 more days in this semester, yeah!) I went home around 9:30, that's when the G'parents had to head off to their own Christmas party. Tim stayed and made it home around 12:30. The next morning he was sure he was dying. He hadn't accounted for how differently alcohol would affect him after losing 50 lbs.
So now you probably think we are big time boozers...just stressed out parents that needed to let loose.
Saturday Abbie went to Raleigh with Grammy to see High School Musical on ice with Linda and Audrey. I haven't seen any pictures yet but I there's no way 2 G'mas took their g'daughters to HSM and didn't take any pictures.
Meanwhile, I went with Grandmomma to take the boys to a lunch with Santa. I was really proud of Coop. He was scared at first but when Santa started talking to him, he jumped right up on his lap.
Let's just say that Cameron did not care for Santa. Here is what happened whe I tried to get Cam closer to Santa:

Sunday was the annual Lewisville Christmas parade. Abbie's brownie troop walked in it. I walked too and pulled Coop in the wagon. Tim watched Cameron at home but he slept the whole time. Maybe both of them slept the whole time. Next year I think Cameron will be able to sit through the whole parade and really enjoy it.

Sunday, after the parade, Abbie, Coop, and I made the Gingerbread Tree. Abbie said she wanted to do the tree this year since we've done the house for the past few years. No project that requires icing is ever complete without the final Funny Frosting Face!

And just because I know you won't be able to sleep tonight if you don't see a picture of my tree, here it is. It looks so small in a photo. It seems to be so much larger when it takes up the whole corner of the family room. Wow, I really want to slipcover my furniture.

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

1st...your house looks great.

2nd...your photo on your header doesn't look any different on my computer?!

Jenny said...

Eighty degree weather would be nice! I nearly go skating on my deck every time puppy goes out to potty. It's going to be in the 30s today with a chance of snow showers. It's about time: Connor has been griping about the lack of real snow to go snowboarding or sledding.