Friday, June 22, 2007

Flashback Friday

Being a newbie blogger, sometimes I just sit and click the "next blog" button to see what's out there. It usually takes several tries to get one in English but then I'll come across something pretty fun. One thing that I've started seeing a lot of is "theme day" posts. They're a day of the week when the post will always be about the same subject. I've seen an artist that always posts a new piece on Fridays, a mom that posts a new recipe every Wednesday. It's also a good way to post without having to think too hard about what to say.


This morning I was driving Abbie to Nature Camp @ Reynolda Gardens and I had a funny thought. I could do "Flashback Fridays". Scan in some old pictures and make fun of my friends, family and of course, myself. Maybe jot down an old memory or funny anecdote that I don't want to forget.


So here is the inagural "Flashback Friday" post. I had just the picture in mind: If Terri sees this she will probably kill me.


This was around 1987. Nice feathered hair and "mullet" cut :) Have to love the 80's make-up too. Pepto pink lips and purple eye shadow. Work it Baby! I have no idea where I got that shirt, but at least I had the collar up, well sort of. I'm sure we were going to, like, the mall or something. Awesome, dude.

I have no problem at all saying that I look way better now, 20 years later. Never would have thought that back then.

I'm going to find some of Tim's old mullet pictures. His was way prettier than mine!

No comments: