Monday, June 25, 2007

Abbie's turning 7

Abbie's birthday is a week from tomorrow. I can't believe she is going to be 7. She's such a big girl now. I can't pick her up anymore. She doesn't really fit on my lap. There's no "baby" left in her face. It makes me so sad. But I also like that she's old enough to talk to. At least once a week we sit together in the big chair and stare at each other, nearly nose to nose, and just talk. I can't even remember what we talked about last time. I just remember staring into her big, bright, blue eyes and thinking how beautiful she is and how inquisitive she is. I know I'm her mom, and I have no problem letting her know it, but I am also enjoying having a friendship with her.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I hope Gabrielle & I have that same kind of friendship in a few years (but I'm in no rush!) I can't imagine what she'll be like at 7 - that seems such a long time away, but it'll be here before I know it! Happy early birthday to Abbie!

Anonymous said...

I remember holding a young Lisa on my lap and having some very deep talks with her also. That very special "triple trouble" mother has grown up to be one of my "BBFs". May she be so blessed with her little girl.