Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bad, bad, mommy

Tuesday was our first morning trip to the pool with Terri and her kids. We've been in the evenings a couple of times...Let's not beat around the bush, I forgot to put on Abbie's sunscreen. I got the boys before we left home but she had already gotten in the car. I got her face at the pool but then somehow forgot the rest of her. She got fried. I feel like the worst mother ever.

It may not have been quite as bad if we had left when we planned to-before noon, but we ended up staying until nearly 2:00. We had our friend Weslyn and her kids come too. All the kids were having so much fun, and since Weslyn had to pay $5 per person we wanted to make sure she got her money's worth.

So now, June is pretty much over, and we've made 1 official pool trip. I was out of service for 10 days from my wisdom teeth, then Abbie's camp. Now with sunburn to heal and Abbie's and Coop's T&A removal on 7/5 we won't be going back to the pool for a couple more weeks. I'm wondering if it was even worth it to join this year, oh well.

Also, when you put on your boy's sunscreen, go way down below their waistbands. Cooper ended up with a bit of a burn too. He has a red ring at the bottom of his torso where his swim suit slid down when it got wet. Better yet, just slather your kids up from head to toe then get them dressed. That way your sure not to miss a spot :)

Silver Lining: Abbie now knows the purpose of sunscreen, and she says she will never again complain about having to put it on.

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

No sunburn photos? Afraid someone will report you for abuse?!

I feel your pain (or Abbie's)...we spent the day at the beach. I applied a ton of sunblock on all the girls but apparently missed big circles around Baileigh's eyes. She has huge red circles around both eye. We also had the talk about why we use sunblock and how it's hard for Mommy to get it all over her face when she won't hold still. I think putting a little blame on her made me feel less guilty...but I know I'm at fault.