Monday, June 4, 2007

15 months

Cam had his 15 month checkup today. He weighs just under 25 lbs (50-55%), he's 33 inches long (95%), and 19 inch head circ. (75%). So I have a long skinny boy with a fairly large head. Sounds about right. I wish they had some tangible way to measure the daredevil factor. Every time I look in the playroom he's standing on top of something. We took out 2 of the chairs. I left a kid rocker in there but I'm not sure if that's wise.

This is Abbie's last week of school. Yeah! I'm looking forward to the Summer. Let's see what I say 2 weeks from now when the arguing and whining has already put me over the edge. We do have quite a bit planned so hopefully it will go smoothly. We joined our neighborhood pool so we hope to be up there at least twice a week. We're heading to Philly to see family. Tim will be out of town for a week in July. Abbie has a couple of day camps planned, one is the Young Naturalists camp at Reynolda Gardens and then Mad Science camp in August. I'm thinking about looking into piano lessons. One of my neighbors teaches it out of her home.

I need to find something for Cooper to start doing. He's ready for some kind of organized activity. He started kicking a ball around with his buddy last Sat. at Abbie's t-ball game. Maybe we'll try soccer for him soon. We wasted a lot of $ on activities for Abbie before she was really ready so Cooper is benefitting from wisdom I've gained after the first kid, ha-ha. It's a good thing Abbie's tough; I don't feel as bad about making all my mistakes on her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem as if you are a very wise young lady. Your children will only benefit from the love that is between the lines of your narratives. Stay as lovely as you seem to be and your children are bound to follow along very close behind. You are passing on the most valuable heritage of all, the ability to love and to share that precious of all commodities we humans have to give to each other.

Organized Chaos said...

15 month appointment? Hmmm...didn't know they had one of those. Maybe it depends on the doctor? Or maybe I missed scheduling an appointment for Brooke. Oops.