Monday, August 11, 2008

Wonderful Day

Today was a great day. I dragged us all to the pool. I'm sort of OVER the pool for the summer. My 2 best girlfriends were supposed to be there so I decided we should get the most out of our membership fee as possible over the last 2 weeks. You might have guessed that my friends didn't end up coming but it was such a glorious zero-cloud-low-humidity-cool-breeze day, that I didn't even mind getting stood up.

We stayed for 3 hours and Tim was home when we got back. Cameron took a nap after a little convincing. I'm just not ready to completely retire the naps. I'll let him play trains quietly in his room for at least one hour. Today he fell asleep on the floor...after he pulled all the wipes out of the container. When I got him up, the first thing he said was "wipees". Yes, son, I noticed.

We hopped in the car to get some dinner. I don't often enjoy taking all the kids in to a restaurant. Tim goes in to get the food and we eat in the van, a "van-nic" if you will. We rolled down the windows and listened to Radio Disney. It was a good time.

Then we actually splurged on marble slab ice cream even without a coupon! Tim and I went last week and they have the best Double Dark Chocolate ice cream. Cooper got Birthday Cake ice cream. It tasted freakishly like a grocery store bakery birthday cake. We ate out on the patio and the kids ran around in the grass. We went home and let them run it out some more.

Just a fun day that actually felt like we had our normal pre-MBA school life back. We had daddy back. Even if just for a few hours.

4 months and counting...ooh, I think I need a new ticker!

P.S.- I want to clarify the ticker I set up for Tim's countdown. I'm not delusional and expecting some big 6-figure Fortune 500 salary when he graduates. No, rather the dollar sign represents the enormous student loan we will have to figure out how to begin paying back WITHOUT benefit of that aforementioned 6-figure Fortune 500 salary!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, Lisa, you are so sweet! I love the marble slab ice cream too, but so expensive!! Heck, I won't even buy Froot Loops if not on sale! LOL Sorry you got stood up. I hate that--it's especially worse with girlfriends than with a man, don't you think? Well, they probably had a good reason, esp. if they have children. Glad you had such a good day. Jenny