Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thank You God

I must have thanked God 1000's of times already in the last half hour. My hands are a bit shaky now that the numbness is wearing off and I've had a chance to think about some of the 'what ifs'.


Tim was getting ready to leave the house around 11:20 to go study and was giving the kids kisses good-bye, sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't. Thank God today was a day that he did. He couldn't find Cameron. He wasn't in the playroom with Abbie and Cooper. Luckily, he found him right away but he had spotted him outside as he walked past the front door. Today is in the 40's and the wind is blowing so hard the windows are rattling. Cam had on just a t-shirt and pants, no shoes or socks.


Around 11:00 Tim had gone down to the garage to bring a bookshelf around and into the house through the front door. Cameron must have followed him down and slipped outside while I was answering the phone and getting to the front door to let Tim inside. Of course we then tended to the furniture.


Forward to 11:20 and Tim spots Cameron climbing the stairs to the front porch. He is clutching the sucker he got at the portrait studio and screaming "Mommy". He was out there this whole time. I'm so thankful for so many things at this point...


  • that it's cold out and he didn't have on any shoes because that deterred him from wandering off or playing in the driveway which he probably would have done otherwise

  • that today was a day that Tim took a few extra minutes to say Good-bye to the kids before he left to back out of the driveway.

  • that he was actually leaving the house today or who knows how much longer Cam would have been out there
Things that I will do as a result of today:

  • I need to put the knob cover back on the basement door

  • keep that door closed at all times

  • ****Always know where all my kids are any time I am going to get in my car

  • Thank God for my beautiful, healthy children

Amen

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Glad he is okay. I know her nerve racking that can be!

Lisa said...

Thank the Lord! I've been there too. Long story short - Gabrielle was 15 months old & ended up in the middle of the street before we found her. Talk about HEART STOPPING MOMENT. Our babies had guardian angels watching over them that day. Amen.