Friday, March 21, 2008

Mommy Confession/Abbie's Great Week

Last week Abbie brought home a letter. It was a Congratulations for having her artwork selected to be in a local art show at the library. There were 2 tickets to attend the opening night and awards presentation.

This past Monday she came home and told me that she won First Place but we missed the ceremony. I grabbed the tickets to check the date and sure enough we missed it. I was heartbroken. I could not believe that we weren't there for her first big winning moment. She was okay with it but I wasn't. I don't even remember actually looking at the date, that's why I was so upset with myself. I didn't want her to think it wasn't an important accomplishment or that we weren't proud of her. Luckily the art will be on display for a few more weeks so we can go see it and get some pictures.

Then on Tuesday she was selected as the March Outstanding student for her class. There is a ceremony and the principal hands out certificates and a tee-shirts. And I already wrote down the date!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW! First place in the art show AND Outstanding Student of the Month - way to go Abbie!

Can you take a pic of her winning artwork for your blog? I'd love to see the masterpiece!