Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby Greene

I meant to ask Tim if he had heard anything more about Baby Greene. I'd like to know a name or even if it's a boy or girl. I did some quick research on cancer in infants. 50% of cancer in babies this young is Neuroblastoma. It sounds like this is possibly highly curable in babies despite the aggressive presentaion. And sometimes the tumors even spontaneously disappear. What a miracle that would be. Without sounding patronizing, if your baby has to be diagnosed with cancer this might be the one with the best outcomes. I am praying that since the Greene family has to be in this situation, that their baby has the form of cancer that has very high cure rates in these tiniest of patients. I pray that they find the best doctors and that their child responds to all the treatments and is quickly healed.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, what completely devastating news. My prayers are with this baby & its family.