Friday, April 27, 2007

Becoming a Family Manager

I'm enjoying the Family Manager books I got a couple weeks ago. Truthfully, a lot of the info is common sense but it helps to see it in writing and to have it all in one place. I have been using my day planner much more and I printed the free "daily hit list" from the Family Manager website. http://www.familymanager.com I have learned that I am a planner. I need to have an action plan for the day. And I have to plan it a day or two in advance. My brain doesn't function well in the morning so I need to have the day already scheduled out if I want to get anything accomplished. If I try to do my schedule in the morning while I'm having my coffee, I will sit there for far too long just in a daze, overwhelmed by where to start.

I love my day planner calender. It's an Amy Knapp family organizer. http://thefamilyorganizer.com I love that it has a place for daily menus. I sit down Sunday evenings with my cookbooks and plan the meals for the week and make out the grocery list. Then Mondays after I drop Cooper off at school, I go to the grocery store.

No comments: