Friday, April 27, 2007

It's an acorn, It's a walnut, no it's a ....

We have finally gotten Cooper over the not wanting to poop on the potty thing. I was reading some parental advice on some random website I Googled. I decided I'd go ahead and try the "candy reward". I try not to use food as a reward system but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. So we tried "Potty Pops", Dum-Dums left over from Halloween...don't judge me :) It worked great. He has done really well. He'll still hold it for a couple of days and he has stopped up the toilet twice, but at least he will go get on the potty.

His pre-school teacher, April, has been great. She has 3 boys and had these issues too. Monday when I picked him up she was laughing and was ready to tell me about the next episode of the Cooper Poop chronicles. On their way back to class after playing outside one of the other teachers saw Cooper pulling on the back of his pants. He started wiggling his butt and hopping around until "something" fell out. He just kept on walking and went back into class. The teacher went and got April and pointing said, "That belongs to one of your kids." April asked "Is it an acorn or a walnut from the playground?" Guess again!

I was horrified! I could not believe that he did that. I really did not even know what to say to her. I ended up not making a big deal about it to Cooper because I don't think that it's anything that is going to happen again.

I'm hoping that this chapter will close the book on the Cooper Poop chronicles. We'll see...

No comments: