Friday, January 29, 2010

Grateful Friday

Long busy week and yet a short one since the kids were out of school Monday for a teacher work day. Lately I've been even more forgetful than "normal" so I'm going to have to look back at this week's calendar to try to remember all the things I'm grateful for that I told myself, "hey don't forget to put this in next week's Grateful Friday post".

This week, I'm grateful for:

  • Having a fun day last Saturday at the Fishing and Boat Show with the family. And thankful for the nice lady that chased me out of the restaurant to return my forgotten purse.
  • That our 16 boxes from IKEA were delivered on time and were quite easy to assemble and look very nice in my facelifted family room. Only one piece was damaged and the replacement is on the way.
  • For my girls morning at my house Tuesday. In homage to the retro vibe hitting FB right now, we brought old pictures and laughed and ate and had a grand time!
  • That my roots and my gray are gone and replaced with sparkling blonde tones.
  • For the back-up camera on my van or else I think I would have hit 3 people today. I'm in a minivan people!! Even when I turn myself around I can't really see back there. If you see some white lights on the back of a 2500 lb mass of metal, it's getting ready to come towards you...don't step in front of it!!
  • That our replacement windows are FINALLY being installed as I type!! The front of the house is done and I swear it feels warmer in those rooms and I can actually SEE OUTSIDE. It's like when I first got glasses and put them on and then you realize how bad it was before. I've been waiting for this for 2 years!! They are white and look so bright and clean, but they make the roof look even uglier than it already was (I hate the brown roof but it's only about 10 yrs old) :(
  • For actually remembering to set my alarm a half hour early so I could get the kids to Pappy's house so he could take them to school for "Gabs with Grands", breakfast with grandparents before school. I don't think we did it at all last year. It's Grandy's turn next year!
  • And last but not least...for all the snow that's on the way tonight :)))) After it's melted and gone, then BRING on SPRING!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Girl, great list! Have a nice weekend!