Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Cooper-man!


My big boy...little man! You are 6 today and you are so super excited about it! You got to visit your kindergarten class yesterday and you are so ready to go to the Big Kid school on Wednesday. We still have to measure you and see how much you've grown since last year...

You chose McDonanld's for your birthday dinner. What could be better than a LEGO Happy Meal? You're current obsession is LEGOS. We probably have 1000's of LEGOs already.


You are my sweet boy. Always listening and following the rules. Unless, you see someone else doing "it". Then you will follow along, even if you know it's going to get you in trouble. I hope you grow out of that quickly!! At this age I would definately call you a "follower". Much more introverted and observant until you feel comfortable with the situation you are in. But at the same time not shy or clingy. Last night you were very curious about your new classroom and went exploring into all the different areas. I'm looking forward to seeing you blossom this year.


You turned in to a little fishy this summer at the pool. You'll venture up to about 3 1/2 feet but still get nervous about jumping into the deep end, going down, the slide or juming off the diving board. You'll get there...maybe next year.

You got 2 cavities this year, oops! You've also lost 2 baby teeth already and I love hearing your little toothless lisp.

I hate to see any of my babies cry, but when you cry my heart just rips in two. You don't use your tears to manipulate or to show anger. You are a sensitive soul and when you cry it's because you are devastated. You actually try hard NOT to cry but your little chin starts to quiver and your sky-blue eyes fill to the brim and then a huge tear will hit your cheek and I would do anything to stop the next tear from falling.

You are a bundle of 100% pure innocence. I'm going to try to keep you that way as long as I possibly can. I love you from the depths of my soul!


No comments: