Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Abbie


We had the most fun this year for your birthday. Nine years old, wow! We spent the week at the beach camping with friends and cooked on the grill. We bought you a cool beach-y birthday cake and mommy made homemade vanilla ice cream with a mix-in "bar". Tasted great even though it ended up being milkshakes instead :)

You are so grown up now, or at least you think you are. Such a bundle of contradictions, this is a tough age for us both. You will flat out lie right to my face but at least I can still usually tell. You are testing your limits and I'm trying to let you stretch them as far as I am comfortable with. I still want you to be my baby girl but we are beginning the move into those fun 'tween years and I don't want to screw those up for sure!

You love to read. Astronomy, stars, constellations still fascinate you. You love learning random facts and telling jokes. You still haven't learned to ride your bike and seem to have no desire to ever do it?? You really enjoyed basketball this year and are excited to continue next season.

Love you baby girl!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awh! Happy Belated 9th Birthday to your "baby" girl! Here come those 'tween years!!