Saturday, September 8, 2007

First Day of Preschool





My boys, originally uploaded by Smith Family Pix.


Cooper talked about school for the enire 2 days between Open House and the official first day. He was so excited he could not stand it. So nothing major to report for him other than he is so glad to be back at school.
Cameron was the biggest news. I knew it had the possibility of being really ugly so I made sure we had the passy and blankie even though we don't normally take those out of the bed. I think it made a huge difference in his comfort level. He went right on in and started playing. He whined just a bit when I said BYE, but went right back to his toys. Some of the moms hung out in the hall for a few minutes. There were several kids really screaming. I was worried that it would spook Cameron a bit so I took my turn peeking in the window but he was a champ, just doing his thing and checking out all the new stuff to play with.
It was a short day, only 2 hours. Cameron really turned on the pity party when I walked in the room. He immediately started the "fake cry" and threw himself at my feet as if to say "It was so awful here. I can't believe you left me here with these rotten people". See you Monday morning :)

No comments: