Friday, June 19, 2009

The first thing I dislike about summer vacation

Having to go to the grocery store with 3 hungry kids in tow is one of life's nightmares. We stopped at the deli to get chicken tenders but they didn't last quite as long as I hoped they would. This was meant to be a quick in-n-out for milk, bread and breakfast items. A quick 15 minutes and back to the house. It was probably more like 30 minutes but seemed like an eternity of being glared at by old people getting their weekly supply of prune juice and bran flakes. Cooper and Abbie were okay but just seemed very "bouncy". Cameron only has 2 volumes: loud and louder. I was so happy to finally be in the checkout line that it took me a few seconds to hear the splashing on the floor from the lidless water bottle that 'not me' set in the cart. More glares from, I'm guessing, the single childless man in line behind me. He changed lines. I think next time I'd actually rather go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and let Tim watch the kids.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I hear ya!! You know, I still haven't attempted grocery shopping with both kids! I am scared!!! Hubby does the grocery shopping on Fridays after work, but that's soon going to change when he starts his rotations... who knows how we're going to get our weekly shopping done now (guess I'll have to start going on the weekends when he's home to watch the kids.)