Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm 35 today...

It's my birthday. I haven't posted in a while and I thought it would be bad if I let my birthday go by without some kind of acknowledgement. 35, hmmm. Not sure what to say about that. I don't feel 35, yet I FEEL 35, especially getting out of bed in the morning. Tim gave me a card last night. I may have mentioned it before but he picks out good cards. I giggled about this one though. To paraphrase, it talked about how "hubby" wanted to buy fancy, expensive gifts for "wife" but knew that what would make "wife" happy was Love, Quality Time, and "The Little Things". I said to him, "So this means I'm not getting a real present from you, right?" Ha-Ha :) I buy my own presents anyways. Cuts down on the returns.

This morning I heard Abbie get up so I treated myself to an extra Snooze. She came in a few minutes later and wished me Happy Birthday. She microwaved me some pancakes and wanted to surprise me. She's such a sweet girl when she wants to be.

We're celebrating my b-day with friends tomorrow night. We all went to High School together so we decided to go to the Homecoming game. I think it will be a lot of fun, even if it does make us feel ancient. We're planning to go get dinner and drinks after the game, I may need a double!!

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Happy Birthday...old woman!
I figure if I make a mean comment you probably won't be able to remember by tomorrow.

Hope you have fun at the game.

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

That is so cute that your daughter made you a special birthday breakfast. Hope you had a good time with your friends celebrating!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great time at the game!