Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

First Halloween in the new neighborhood went very well. We started at 5:00 at a neighbor's house (the other Cooper) to have some munchies, then headed home around 6:15 to get all the lights on. Daddy headed out with the kiddos and I stayed to hand out candy. There were not as many kids as I thought there would be, which means a lot of left over candy. Not good!

This year was a first for me.

Over the last 10 years, I have purchased many costumes and "crafted" many from dress-ups we already had. This year was the first made from scratch costume. Cameron has had only one Halloween costume request this year, R2-D2. He never wanted anything else. The only ready-made R2-D2 costume I found was for toddlers, a t-shirt and toboggan cap that wasn't very impressive. So I Googled a little and found some homemade R2-D2 ideas. So I got a swing top bullet style trash can, some duck tape, spray paint, painter's tape, sharpie markers, and 8 hours or so later...voila: R2-d2!!! Cooper was Darth Vader and I was hoping for a Star Wars Trifecta, but Abbie wanted to be a Dragon Warrior Ninja.


No comments: